Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What the heart wants...

Theres a chill in my heart, and it stings of loss and longing. I so detest a grand portion of the world in which I live, my history and inevitable future. What has dragged me to this crossroad, and, more to the point, why do I press on?

I think that it's going to get better, or perhaps I simply hope. The rain pours in under the foundations and I wait, and watch, to see if my feet will get wet. I wonder what it would be like to live inside the mind of another. Would I be happier? Would my thoughts be the same? A half smile blooms, replacing my furrowed brow, as I ponder that it could be worse still.

I feel the water rising and I close my eyes. It's cold, and my breath falters, but I know that I like it better here. Within the maelstrom, churning with fervour, dwells the boundless core of creation...the phantasm.

No comments:

Post a Comment